Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mama needs a time out.

Our New Family Member (a.k.a. Miss Joyce...our daycare lady), had the unfortunate luck of having a large kidney stone this week. She was getting it surgically removed today. This means that I have been taking a (very unfortunate) break from studying, to play Mom again.

(First of all, can I just say that this break from studying is a major blow. It's costing a few thousand dollars to take these exams and I am having a hard time accepting that studying isn't coming easy this week.)


Whew....I am so out of practice at this mom thing! Between the pushing (Lacey to Miles, and Miles' retaliation), the Mac and Cheese getting dumped on the floor (Miles), the taking of every.single.toy. out of the toy box (Lacey), and the constant hum of whining (both), crying (both), and "maaamaaa!!" (both). I am absolutely exhausted.

As I sip my FOURTH cup of coffee I can't help but think that:

I haven't exercised once.
I've raised my voice too many times.
Hid in my room quite often.
Tried going to Target yesterday and turned right around.
etc...etc...etc.

By the end of the day I.am.beat.
I need to run these kids to exhaustion, but they are doing it to me!

It's amazing how these little rascals can take so much energy!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I hear you. I wish I had a solution, but unfortunately, being a working mommy means that when the kiddos get time with you that they want ALL of your attention to soak up while they see you. Happens here too.