Friday, May 28, 2010

a week without the kiddos

Sometimes I feel like I am constantly saying, "my parents are taking the kids next week." Yes! I do understand how good I have it. Since they are more than willing, and since I do enjoy having a break and some time to actually think about myself, I take them up on the offer!

Plus, I realized the other day that it will seem totally normal for me to take my own grandkids for the week someday. Something I am sure both of my kids will appreciate.

So, what do I DO when they are gone. Well, plainly, I do whatever I want. But I suppose not really. Monday we drove home in the morning, Mike went to work, and I studied all day. Tuesday I went to the dentist and had my teeth cleaned, which turned into having my teeth cleaned, a filling, and a root canal. Then I went grocery shopping, picked up Mike from work and went to FPU. Wednesday I sat in our house from 8:00 until 3:00 doing homework. I barely moved from the couch. Thursday, Mike had the day off so we went shopping, and out to eat. We had been saving up clothes money and saving up restaurant money. It was so fun just to be able to say "I want that" and we could get it. Today, Friday, I did more homework this morning and then I decided to head to the mall and see if I could spend any more of that clothes budget. No, I could not find anything to buy, but I did decide that if I ever have a lot of money I will be be hiring a personal shopper stat. I hate shopping I've decided. I never thought I would say that, but I think I am too indecisive and just want someone to make the decisions for me. I did however find out that H & M's girls' jeans fit me quite well. Embarrassing? YES. What 26 year old wears girls jeans (size 12 none the less). The worst part is, Lacey and I could dress alike now. I'm sure she'll love sharing clothes with me in a few years : (

There are still a lot of things that I don't do when the kids are gone. Things I have promised myself I will do. There are still a handful of books sitting on the night table that haven't been opened. The bathroom floor still hasn't been scrubbed, cupboards and closets haven't been organized, and I certainly haven't taken the time to work on my resume and cover letter.

Sigh.

Maybe some things will just never get done. I'll be reunited with my offspring tomorrow, so until then, maybe I should spend the afternoon getting something done.

No comments: