Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mama needs a drink

Or at least a break, because it has been one of those days! Mike has been at work since 6 am this morning and was due home over an hour ago. I actually made one of those desperate phone calls to him...the ones you make when you have a newborn..."Mike, I don't know where you are, but if you don't get home soon, I'm going to lose it on these kids."

They are just little terrors today. Yes, I think it's okay that I say that, because that is reality. Kids are sometimes terrible. I always feel like I'm flip flopping between who is the tough one and who is the "easy" one. Right now, Miles is TWO going on THREE. And if you know anything two is like a "haha, that was easy" joke compared to what a three year old is like. I've already been through it. Now Miles is definitely showing his 3-year old self. It's driving me crazy. Four is so much better so far!

It's definitely one of those days when I have no regrets about my work out of home decision because Lord knows that it keeps me sane if nothing else.

Neither has had a nap. It goes from giggles, to whines, to screams, to crashes, as things break, and to be honest, I am so far past the end of my rope that it isn't even funny. Actually, it is kind of funny, but it's not you know?

Lacey is crying upstairs and Miles just walked up to me crying. I asked him what happened and he said that Lacey pinched him...Why is Lacey crying...Well according to Miles, he hit her. Yep, see what I've been dealing with all day?

Today wasn't ALL bad, we did go out and sled in our backyard, I even took a spin down the hill. It was a lot of fun! We have a built in sledding hill...that's a bonus!

Okay...Mike just called. Hallelujah, he must have seen my 14 missed calls. Hehe. He'll be home soon, let's hope we all make it til then...

No comments: