Sunday, April 18, 2010

she's kicking my butt (and she's only 2)

Oh, Lord. Is this what the "terrible two's" are? Or maybe she is acting this way because she is well on her way to 3, and all parenting veterans say three is worse than two, and it doesn't really get easier until four.

Perfect.

She is at that perfect age where re-direction doesn't work, and neither does rewards. Plus, I seriously do not want to bribe her with every.little.thing. I want her to learn a little concept called listening. Like if I tell you to put your shoes on because we are leaving, you put your shoes on. I don't want to give you something for putting your shoes on. Because seriously, when would it end?

We tried that anyway, and she kept making those bribes bigger. (No, mom. I need 2 M&M's).

Some concepts are totally lost on her. Like sometimes no just means no. It doesn't matter if you suddenly say please, or if you stop whining. It's still no. It's no because I said so, and because sometimes you don't need to watch TV at 8:00 in the morning.

Help please! Any books that you've found useful? I am like a lost puppy.

...because I have 2 toddlers in the house now....yikes.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Children the Challenge is good, but a bit dry. But you are into accounting so you might like it ;)