Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Summer Days

It dawned on me this past weekend, that this is possibly the last summer I will be spending at home with the kids.

How sad is that? I graduate in December and I am hoping and praying that I will get a job beginning in January, so I can work my first busy season, but this is my last summer at home? Really?

I totally want to work. That's not the point. Ever since I became pregnant with Lacey I knew that I would be a working mom at some point. Having 2 so close together, life changes, and with being in school, it has just made more sense for us to keep me home.

They won't even remember this summer. But I will. So on Monday morning I gave my 2 week notice at the coffee shop I was working at. I decided that I need to make this summer count. This fall is already booked with finishing up classes and preparing for graduation, it's already packed to the brim. But I decided I am going to enjoy the lazy summer days that are coming up, I am going to take the kids to the zoo, library, pool, and park. We can have picnics and skip naps (occasionally), and blow bubbles and goof off. We can eat melty ice cream outside when it is 90 degrees. We can take lots of pictures, and even if they won't remember this summer. I sure will. And I am bound and determined to live it up!

1 comment:

Rose said...

AWESOME! And way to go on the runs.