Tuesday, June 29, 2010

currently reading

With school behind me for the summer I am hoping to chip away at that reading list that has been following me around like a lost puppy for the last 10 months. I am the type of person who will read 3 or 4 books at a time so here is what I am currently reading:

1) BLINK. Yes, I am still reading this. I got it for Christmas, along with The Tipping Point. I breezed through The Tipping Point during Christmas break and got started on this one. Then school started again and it got pushed aside. I just picked it up again last week. I think I have only a chapter or 2 left.


2) SLEEPLESS IN AMERICA. This was recommended to me by a few people and I FINALLY checked it out from the library and started reading it. It's about misbehavior and its associations with sleep. Now, to be fair, I am a sleep queen. My husband and I work our schedules around my kids' sleep, not the other way around. Sleep is high priority in this house, but I've also seen what lack of sleep can and will do, not only to my own kids but to others' as well. I decided it is time to read this book so I can (hopefully) start recommending it to others. I think I am going to like it!


3) STRONG FATHER'S STRONG DAUGHTERS. This is more for my husband, since he is obviously the father, but I thought I'd read it along with him. Haven't started it yet though!

4) STOP ACTING RICH. I am a Tom Stanley fan. He also is the author of The Millionaire Next Door and The Millionaire Mind, which are some common titles that you might have heard of. I hadn't read this one yet, but I started it yesterday and I am sure it is going to be a good one. It's an especially good read right now because my husband and I are about to get radical paying off debt (more to come on that soon)!

What are you reading this summer? If you've got any good books let me know!

No comments: