Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm still here!

wow, it's been a while huh? I guess between class, class, and yes, more class, a little girl turning 3, a week long visit to grandma's house, and three, going on four, maybe five interviews, it's been a busy month.

1. Class

If I have one piece of advice for anyone on the planet it is this: Do NOT (repeat 1,000 times), try to do school while you have kids. Initially it wasn't all that bad, I was taking lower level classes, they weren't too demanding, and I had kids that napped on a regular basis. However. OH MY GOODNESS. School is kicking me in the rear end this semester.

I am forever trying to find the perfect balance of being constantly preoccupied and having 1,000 things to do, and knowing when urgent, isn't really that urgent, and to just stop and breath, and take in the moment. For what it is, in all it's glory.

Less than 2 months to go.

2. Birthday Girl

October 8th is one of my favorite days of the year. I think its the perfect day for a birthday, and my little girl is lucky enough to have this be HER day. Granted, on this particular birthday, she was with Grandma and Grandpa, not us, she still had a pretty special day and was spoiled rotten. And then got to have a second birthday party yesterday after we picked her up.

Her favorite present this year? New snow boots. Weird huh? Gosh, she was so excited, and 1) she had seen them before and 2) she has hardly ever played in the snow. But she did get an entire winter ensemble so hopefully we can get her out and building a snowman this year.

3. A week with Grandma

My parents rock. They seriously do. Two or three times a year they take our kids off our hands for a good seven or so days. It is amazing and much needed. Granted, this particular week fell over Lacey's 3rd birthday, it was still very needed, and much appreciated.

4. Interviewing until my heart's content.

Job hunting and interviewing blow. Especially when you are already crazy busy with school Trying to job hunt on top of it borders on insanity. I didn't get the first position I interviewed for, but I wasn't all that surprised, I had projects, papers, and 2 exams that week and to be honest prepping for an interview wasn't my biggest priority. I am still waiting to hear back from interviews 2 and 3, and was contacted by another firm yesterday to interview. I'd just love to get a call extending an offer and I can move onto more important things, like finding daycare...

No comments: