Friday, October 29, 2010

the Cold.

It was 29 degrees when I woke up today.

Twenty-Nine.

In the beginning stages of winter, 29 is really cold. Come January, we'd consider it a heat-wave, and come March, I'd be thinking "the snow is almost melting!!" But it's October, so 29 leaves me frigid.

I start to wonder 1) how am I going to make it through winter, if I can't stay warm now, and 2) if 29 makes me this cold, what will -29 do to me. Let's not think about that okay?

So, this winter I am going to try to combat the cold by staying warm. Sounds simple right? But let me tell you that it is oh, so, easy to hop out to the car with a flimsy little jacket on, and they curse the cold, and shake uncontrollably. So I decided that regardless of how "over-bundled" I look I am wearing gloves, hats, boots*, and my fantastic North Face coat all.the.time. I will be wearing leggings under my jeans, layers of long sleeve shirts, slippers or socks always, and drinking a continual flow of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

Because I am pretty sure the only way I can make it through winter is by STAYING WARM!

1 comment:

Bri said...

I love it!
May I also suggest, warming your bed sheets with a hairdryer before hopping in? It's heavenly. We made it up a couple years ago & think it may be the best idea I've ever had.
Also, "The rice sock" by the feet is hard to beat! Warm up a rice sock in the microwave & make that bed toasty warm. I find that if you get cold at night and never shake it all day... you're in for a LONG WINTER SEASON.
I think you'll also appreciate that last night Jesse mentioned that he was really cold when we went to bed. I woke up this morning with him sleeping beside me in my sleeping bag rated at 15 degrees. ...now I am PRETTY SURE that our bedroom was not going to get that cold last night. :)