One month down.
I can't believe I've been a workin' woman for one month. It's going great overall with the occasional breakdown. Nothing hard ever comes easy. Say that with me?
But I still do love the, sometimes foreign, language of accounting. Let's get to it...
1. The Money (I'm not going to lie)- OMG my paychecks are HUGE. Like almost triple what I used to make when I worked FT huge.
2. Adult time (not going to lie again)- I love having adult conversations about adult things.
3. Feeling of Success- When you finally "get" something that's been stressing you out, its wonderful.
4. Free meals when you work late (which is like EVERYDAY).
5. Underground Parking (no snow on the car to brush off!!)
1. Not seeing my kids. I don't generally think about them too much at work, but when it's 8:00 and I am driving home I nearly lose it. When I get home and put dishes in the dishwasher and pick up the clothes from the day I realize I have no idea what they ate, no idea what they did, and no idea what they wore to bed, then I lose it. LOSE IT.
2. My brain is fried constantly.
3. Couple that with the fact that my brain is thinking about accounting constantly. I am making notes (real and in my head) on my files all day and night.
4. All I do is work and sleep. But at least it's -5 out right now, so what else am I going to be doing anyway?
So, after a month have we adjusted? Yes. I think so, for the most part. But we still have ups and downs, good and not so good days. Am I looking forward to April 18th? (darn Emancipation Day pushed back the tax deadline as I am sure you are all aware). YES.