Friday, June 6, 2008

Holly Homemaker I am not.



So I was thinking the other day and kind of freaked myself out. What is it that I do around the house?

I know that my husband brings home the bacon and my job is to fry it up in the pan but I don't. He brings home the bacon, he fries it up in the pan, and he cleans the grease up afterwards (read: he makes the money, cooks meals for me, and then cleans up not only the kitchen, but the whole house).

I think I may be the worlds worst housewife, but being honest, I don't mind one bit.

My husband says that since I take care of the baby so much, that is more than enough (see why I married him).

However, I might just be LAZY. I usually do the laundry, make the bed, and keep the general clutter to a minimum. However, when it comes to deep cleaning (bathroom toilets, floors, etc.) that's all him.

I finally realize that he is the reason that having a new baby was so darn easy. I didn't have much to do besides look after the baby. He would get up at night for me if I asked, I never had to cook or clean. I didn't have to do anything but take care of a baby.

Thank the Lord that I am not in charge of meals, I would be STRESSED OUT. (plus he knows we would eat cereal every night if I was).

No comments: