Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No Sweets November

I eat a lot of crap.

It's not uncommon for me to have a cookie and coffee for breakfast, or some candy or ice cream for lunch. It was really starting to bother me because 1) I know its bad; 2) It was sucking my energy dry; and 3) It was setting a terrible example for my kids.

We decided that we had become to lackadaisical is this department and needed to cut it off cold turkey. So we decided to cut sweets in November (except for Thanksgiving Day), to try to break the habit.

I should point out, that it's not a No-Sugar deal. That's not the goal. The goal is also not to be on any sort of diet. The goal is to make healthier, more well balanced food choices, especially around the holidays when it's very easy to eat a ton of junk.

So what is a sweet? We decided that candy, soda, cake, cookies, and ice cream are out. Those that are not out include muffins, scones, or quick breads (all in moderation), Jamba Juice, and Lattes (not sure where I stand regarding mocha's, but we never get them so it doesn't really apply). Basically we just need to make healthier choices and I can already see it working. We are all snacking on hummus, pita, apples, cheese, peanut butter, and crackers.

It does suck though. All I want to do is inhale SUGAR.

And I have a pounding headache today. I think it's from sugar withdrawal.

No comments: