Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the eve of work.

Last day at home. Lots of mixed feelings. I stared at Miles today while he was eating a snack and thought about how much I would miss him and how sad that was going to be.

Then I was at REI, chasing Miles around the store, fielding 475 questions from Lacey, and fighting with them to put their coats on. I thought about how I am not really going to miss moments like this, except that I probably will. I'll miss them in a new way.

Our schedules will look a bit different from here on out, but it's going to be good. We'll all do great, and we'll adjust just fine. I'll miss out on some things, but I feel so blessed to have been able to spend the last 3 years at home.

I always hope that I remember this. I am not an Accountant who is also a mother. I am a mother who just happens to be an Accountant. What I have learned is that being a mother in and of itself is more than enough. It is a title I wear with pride, and always will.

No comments: