Saturday, January 22, 2011

This past week.

There is something I find relaxing about the continual hum of life.

Right before I started work, I always said "I just can't wait until we are 2 weeks in." Well, we are 2 weeks in now and I am happy. Right where we need to be.

Sure I am exhausted. When it's 7:30 pm and I've been at work for 12 hours, my brain is fried, I feel like I'll never catch on, and I am feeling stabs of guilt because I haven't seen my kids, it sucks. Believe me, I've had a few near breakdowns at my desk.

But, when I get home at 8:30, pick out outfits for the next day, pack diaper bags, prep breakfast, coffee, and juice. Hop in the shower and get ready to do it again, I still look forward to it.

It's still worth it. I am not going to lie. It's a lot. A LOT. The adjustments are endless and the learning is continual, but as long as I am enjoying it, then it's worth it. It is so totally worth it.

(Oh, and I got my first paycheck at the beginning of last week. It was not only my first paycheck in almost 3 years, but it was the biggest paycheck OF MY WORKING LIFE. Good Lord, I was so happy. I think it only had 60 hours on it and no OT. I mean, come on, if I am going to be working these crazy hours, the least I can do is be getting paid well for it)!

No comments: