Saturday, April 16, 2011

I stopped into Starbucks, a.k.a. my absolute favorite place to be in the morning with no kids, yesterday morning.

While I was sitting their sipping my Americano and checking email a younger gal walked in and, while I don't normally pay too much attention, let me tell you she was IN SHAPE. Super toned legs.

My first thought was not....Wow isn't she lucky.....no. My first thought was...."Well she obviously doesn't have kids"....no wedding ring on her finger so I am guessing no kids.

And it's not like you can't be in shape and have kids, you can, and many people are, its just that finding the time is a TERRIBLY IMPOSSIBLE GOAL.

I already wake up at 5:15 every morning. What time would I possibly get up to exercise? By the time 8:00 hits and I am getting to work, I've already been up for 3 hours, taking care of other little people.

I'll say it again...kids are awesome, great, fantastic. I wouldn't not have kids for anything. But mom's put themselves second. They just do. No getting around that. Even if you are not a selfish person, you become much less selfish after kids.

No comments: