Saturday, April 30, 2011

Looking for a Hobby

I've decided that I need to take up a hobby. Something simple, and enjoyable.

Whenever I am asked what I do for fun I have nothing to give. It usually goes something like "uh, I like to run." or "I have been busy studying..." Pathetic answers I tell you.

Because the truth is that yes, I spend far too much time studying. Now that I am in the middle of studying for the AUD section of the CPA exam I eat, sleep, and breath control risk modules, management assertions, and types of substantive procedures. (Trust me, it's good you have no idea what I am talking about).

And although I like to run, let's be honest. Full-time mom of 2 very dependent kids, and Full-time employee/CPA exam taker leaves zero time to go on a long lazy run. Let's not forget the fact that the weather has been terrible since November and I don't have the luxury of a gym membership (No time to go, even if I did...what, put my kids in daycare all day then throw them in the gym daycare? no), so it's hardly an option running in sub-zero temps.

Anyway, back to the hobby. I think I want to work my way through this book:



Mother's day is coming up, so I might need to plant some seeds in some ears this next week.

No comments: