Saturday, December 20, 2008

fatigue

i've hit the wall.

i do not remember it being like this before, but with 8 (seemingly long) weeks left until I can push this baby out I've had it. Done. Finished. If they offered me an induction tomorrow I may just consider it. By evening, I can barely walk from the couch to my bed. I finally make it into my bed only to have to get up to use the bathroom 8 times and take a few doses of tums. Last night my heartburn was so bad i felt like it was choking me.

I don't mean to complain, I really don't. Other than the heartburn and the feeling that I have been hit square on by a semi, I am feeling rather well. Still nauseous at night, (but obviously that isn't going away until this kid pops out), but no aches, back is okay, hips are fine, etc. I have less to complain about than most. But then that feeling hits. Its not the 'I'm so tired I need a nap and could sleep anywhere right now' feeling. It's the 'I don't know if I can physically bend down and pick up Lacey one more time, or the 'I don't think I could run away if my life depended on it' feeling.

I think I need a massage/starbucks/haircut/childless day. That would really make me feel better!

2 comments:

Rose said...

I think that you DO need a massage, haircut, starbucks and child free day!

Annie said...

don't we all : )

you certainly don't have to be preggers to NEED that!