Thursday, October 29, 2009

battles

Everyone fights their own battles.

Sometimes I forget that.

Yesterday for example, was particularly rough. The kids were going crazy and they were driving me crazy as a result. I was doing a lame attempt at packing. I am hours upon hours behind on homework, it was cold and rainy and we went for a drive for lack of anything better to do. Miles fell asleep in the car and, as a result, refused to go to bed at bedtime. Lacey was bouncing off the walls until 10.

It was a long day.

But then I visit MckMama's blog and read about Stellan who is sick, sick, sick. And I cry. Why? I cry because my kids are healthy and because I am not sitting in a hospital room on their first birthday hoping, against hope that this will pass. I don't have to live with that. I don't want to live with that. It's still not fair though.

And she is just one, individual example, of someone who is fighting a battle. Some battles are short and easy, some are l-o-n-g and treacherous. But we all fight them.

All of us.

All I can say is keep your head up, stay positive, and do what you can to keep fighting.

And pray. Oh, yes. PRAY.

No comments: