Saturday, October 25, 2008

pregnancy brain

For a long time (well, since last monday) I have been looking forward to my hospital tour of the maternity ward on Friday. Apparently this is one of the premiere hospitals in Washington, it is 5 miles from my house, has jacuzzi tubs in every.single.room, and has the most plush rooms you can image, which include a little kitchenette, a tv, dvd player, wireless internet etc. In fact, that is how I picked this hospital, (and as a result my doctor). I went online to the hospitals that were closest to my house and found the ones with the nicest rooms. That is where i was going to have my baby. This time I am not going to be in a hospital that has the maternity ward under construction. I am not going to deliver on the 4th floor, have my recovery room on the 7th floor, and have the baby nursery all the way back on the 4th floor. Nope, not happening.

Anyway, I was so excited, except I have heard a tiny little rumor that this hospital has NO BABY NURSERY, so my dreams of Mike taking Lacey home so she can sleep, and me sending this baby to the nursery, while I get 2 full nights of sleep may not be a reality. But how does a hospital NOT have a nursery to send your baby to? You see, I needed to go to this tour to find out. Yesterday came and went and....





I completely forgot about the tour. I went to Panera and Starbucks instead.

GRRRRR.....

2 comments:

Rose said...

OH NO! I hope that you can reschedule. I am green with envy! I want a jaccuzi tub in my delivery room!

Annie said...

Yeah we can reschedule. I KNOW, I am actually thinking about *trying* to labor in the tub for a bit (because I will take any excuse to be in a jacuzzi) but, oh that epidural was fantastic....!