Thursday, March 4, 2010

Miles: 1 Year Well Baby visit

This morning Miles had his 1 year check. I loaded the kids and brought them over to the clinic. The clinic has just been remodeled and this is the first time I've seen the finished project. Nice and clean. Great!

His appointment was at 10:00 and at 10:20 we STILL hadn't gotten called back. And I was 10 minutes early! Do you know how seriously difficult it is to keep 2 kids entertained in a waiting room with absolutely ZERO entertainment for kids?? It's terrible. They pulled all their toys for flu season (???).

Finally we got called back. Got weight/height/temp checks with the nurse, and then waited yet ANOTHER 20 minutes to see the doctor. She came in at 10:57.

Sigh. Good thing I like her.

Anyway.

Weight: 25 Pounds (78th percentile)
Height: 31.5 inches (84th percentile)
Head: 19 inches (80th percentile)

Temp: 100.4
Ear Infection? Yes :( but I suspected this since he has had a cold since monday and had a fever yesterday and today. I think I am going to start taking them to the Chiro for adjustments to ward off these ear infections (but that will probably be another post)

Miles is waving, saying bye bye, clapping, playing patty cake, saying mama and dada, He also says: no, turtle, monkey (and makes the sound), and a few other words I can't think of right now. He is amazing at listening to and understanding what we say. He has had a language and communication explosion the past couple of weeks. It's so fun to see! I think since I was 24 weeks pregnant with him when Lacey was doing these things I don't remember them with her like I should. It's a shame.

Physically he is doing everything but walking. He crawls, pulls up, cruises, takes steps between pieces of furniture, and climbs up on couches and beds. For as much as he climbs I can't figure out why he is scared to let go and walk! It's the funniest thing! I want to tell him that climbing onto the couch and then choosing to climb off head first is much more daring than taking a few steps, but alas, he will not. Actually the doctor thinks that as soon as these ear infections clear up, he'll start walking, she said the fluid is probably throwing off his equilibrium. I hope she is right!

So that's it. That's my update on our littlest!

No comments: