I recently ran across this post on a blog that I read. I thought it was pretty funny. It was entitled, "You know you're from Florida if..." Now, I am not from FL, I've only visited Tampa once (and that entire visit consisted only of Bush Gardens and the beach), but I still found this funny. I decided to make my own MN list. So here is the FL list, and my MN list follows!
You know you're from Florida if...
1. You wear flip flops everyday.
2. A good parking space has nothing to do with distance from the store and everything to do with shade.
3. You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than a boat yourself.
4. You feel that anything under a category 3 just isn't worth waking up for.
5. You wear shorts and use the AC on Christmas.
6. You know that real parades travel on water..not asphalt.
7. You get annoyed at the tourists who feed the seagulls at the beach.
8. If an alligator once walked through your neighborhood.
9. When your kids ask what a basement is.
10. When you know the tallest point in the state is a landfill.
11. You have a drawer full of bathing suits and one sweatshirt.
12. You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in 5 minutes.
13. You dread lovebug season.
14. Your summer electric bill is as much as your mortgage.
15. You refer to the seasons as tourist season, fire season, hurricane season, mosquito season.
16. You could swim before you could read.
17. You know someone who has been struck by lightening.
18. You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee, Withlacoochee, Okahumpka, and Loxahatchee.
19. You measure distance in minutes not miles.
20. You've "written a message" to a hurricane on plywood covering your windows.
21. You've been stuck in traffic so someone can move a turtle off the road (doesn't apply to south Florida).
22. You only wear socks to go bowling.
23. It's not "pop". It's Coke.
24. All festivals are named after a fruit.
25. Every place you remember as a kid is now a shopping center or a condo.
You know you're from Minnesota if...
1. You happily wear flip flops when it's 45 degrees out.
2. A good parking space in winter has everything to do with distance from the store
3. You understand that friends who own lake cabins are invaluable and will always be friends.
4. You feel that unless you can't see the sidewalk out your window everything should remain open regular hours.
5. By Christmas, you've forgotten what it feels like to wear shorts.
6. You know that real parades occur on Nicollet Ave, in the winter, after waiting 30 minutes for hot chocolate, and are full of Christmas lights
7. You get annoyed at the people who feed the squirrels at the park
8. If a deer once walked through your neighborhood.
9. When your kids ask if houses without basements actually exist.
10. When you know the earliest "ice out" date (March 11, 1878).
11. You have a drawer of sweaters and only 1 bathing suit.
12. You never use an umbrella because you don't need one for snow.
13. You dread mosquito season.
14. Your winter heat bill is as much as your mortgage.
15. You refer to the seasons as 'so cold you could die' and 'road construction'
16. You could shovel before you could read.
17. You know someone who has fallen through the ice.
18. You can recite Ole and Lena jokes with ease.
19. You have multiple storage bins of winter coats.
20. You wonder why someone would 'waste' their money on a 2wd SUV.
21. You've been stuck in traffic so geese can cross.
22. You don't take your UGGS off from November til March.
23. It's not "soda". It's pop.
24. All festivals are named after something cold (chill, freeze, polar etc.).
25. You know your way around the Mall of America like the back of your hand.
Any more to add?