Sunday, July 11, 2010

House- 1 Me- 0

I've been out of town for the last 5 days with the kids. Unfortunately I didn't pick up very well before I left, I suppose it had something to do with "let's just get on the road before traffic makes its appearance." At least that is the excuse I am claiming.

So this means that my house is a mess and I don't really want to clean it.

We are also leaving on Wednesday for another 6 days. Thankfully this time Mike will be joining us. But now I am faced with the questions of do I unpack, just to repack in 2 days? How many groceries do I buy? Should I even clean at all? (just kidding we are having friends over tonight. I have to clean, I have no choice).

I am curious if you have any cleaning tips. I've created my own, I call it the power of 15. Okay, really it doesn't have a name, and I came up with that right now, but it works. I set the kitchen timer for 15 minutes and get as much done as I can in that time. I will try to do this twice a day. I think it's pretty effective. At the very least if I know I only have to clean for 15 minutes I am happy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I do power 15's too for cleaning... but it only works when neither kid is underfoot. I just got home from being away for the weekend and my house is a wreck! 3 loads of laundry spewed across the living room....they WERE clean... and dishes all over the table, counter and sink. Ugh.