Wednesday, November 3, 2010

day 3- no sugar

Yes!!! I notice a difference. I think...

Today was one of those looooonnnnggg days when my husband went to work at 6:00 a.m. and didn't get home until 9:00 p.m. To top it off, my morning play date fell through. Boo.

But we rallied.

We went to Mike's work this morning in lieu of our pla ydate. He works at a mall and they have an indoor play area that is always bustling with kids (and germs) but my kids like it. Well today, they had REALLY bad attitudes and were really crabby with each other, and Mike was too busy to talk to us, so that was a bust and we left.

We rallied again.

This time I noticed that when we got home, and I looked at my mess of a house I felt some energy to work at it. Then I made lunch and put Miles down for a nap. Then Lacey and I worked at drawing letters (She has the "L" down pat!), and we did an art project.

Do you see where this is heading? Probably not. You see I am doing all of these things with the kids... taking them out, working on projects, cleaning the house, and I am doing it all without even thinking about it. I haven't even turned on the TV! It's like I have some sort of magical energy (and I know for a fact it is not from coffee because I had less than normal this morning).

I kept on rallying.

Then I took the kids to the Woodlake Nature Center where we "hiked" saw turtles and snakes and all sorts of "wildlife."

We came home and they ate salad.

We watched Toy Story 3 and cuddled on the couch.

They had baths.

I had energy, I never have energy at 7:30 pm after being with the kids all.day.long.

I kind of think it's because I haven't had sugar in 3 days (which I get isn't long, but it has felt like an eternity and it isn't any fun at all).

To be honest, I am hating not eating sugar, but the fact that I could quit anytime is what is making me not quit. Plus, if I start feeling like this we'll see where it goes...

No comments: