Thursday, July 31, 2008

Here's the Deal


We are slowly starting to get used to the hustle and bustle of Seattle living. We thought that coming from Minneapolis, which is constantly compared to Seattle, we wouldn't have much of a problem adjusting.

I was wrong.

I am daily reminded how busy it is here, or should I say how much BUSIER it is here.


For example, today it took Mike and I 1 hour and 40 minutes to go 12.1 miles. No, we weren't in traffic, in case you were wondering. Half of that route was on the highway (that part went quick thanks to the 3 person carpool lane, with the cop standing on the side of the road waving cheaters over) the other half was on back streets (not so quick). It's draining to have to always plan how to get from point A to point B and a great alternative back up route, all in a city we are clueless about. Not to mention the fact that this took place at noon on a thursday. I don't know about you, but that doesn't qualify as a "traffic" time to me...

Anyway, we decided that when people come and visit, the first thing they say when they leave and are out of ear shot is "I can't believe they live amongst that mess!" (because yes, it really is that bad). The good news is, mike and I are learning to deal with it...or at least learning never to go anywhere alone. The bad news, we knew traffic would be bad going home (around 2:30) so we planned for lacey to get a snooze in the car, but she didn't fall asleep, she pooped instead. We missed our afternoon nap, let's hope she sleeps okay tonight.

Pleasant times all around.

No comments: