Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rounding the Corner...



23 months down, 1 to go, until Lacey turns 2 on October 8th!

Woohoo! I must say that I am excited to say that I have a baby and a 2 year old, rather than a baby and a 1 year old. Because that just sounds so much worse!

We celebrated her 23rd month by staying indoors/traveling home, with a very feverish little girl. It actually made the 4 hour drive home from my parent's house much more manageable because she slept for 3 hours of it. The sickies hit her on Saturday night. She was fine all day, went to bed and woke up about 2 hours later in hysterics. Well we had the pleasure of staying up with her almost all night long. She slept from 2-4 a.m. and that was it. Thankfully Miles slept all night long so we at least had that going for us. Also, thankfully I was with my parents so my mom and I took shifts. I was with her from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. and then my mom was with her from 4 a.m. until 6:30 when she coaxed her into their bed and she slept until 10:30. It was a long night and an even longer weekend. She seems to be doing better now, but the fever comes and goes. She had a cold last week and then it turned into this. Blech.

At 23 months Lacey is quite the character.

First of all, she is extremely, and I mean extremely shy. This got bad in the last month or so. Clings to me for dear life whenever anyone she doesn't know looks at her, gets annoyed with other kids at the playground, and has a good memory if anyone does anything to scare her.

She has quite the vocabulary/memory. Knows all animals, big and small, and their sounds. Can recognize about 1/2 of her letters, and can also give me their sounds, she can count to 10...sort of.

Her favorite food is Cheetos Puffs from Trader Joes. That girl could eat the whole bag if I let her. And even in the midst of her sickies, she has asked for cheetos...

Lacey can recognize herself in pictures now. It's funny to hear her refer to herself by name. If she is trying to get my attention (or Dad's), she will call us by our names as well.

She loves showing things to Miles. 'Miles do you see the swing?' 'Look Miles a big ball.' Etc.

Sleep: Zero Issues. Sleep has never been negotiable in our house. Naps for 2-2.5 hours a day and sleeps 12 at night. Bless her.

Loves Nemo, and has declared she wants a Nemo cake for her birthday.

I have no idea how big she is...maybe 26-28 pounds and 34"?? She's pretty tall. Too tall for 18-24 month clothes, but too thin for 2T, even with the adjustable waist. I can't imagine how they'd fit without a diaper on.

Potty Training- She will go in the potty when we ask, but I haven't made a big deal about it yet. I am going to do the "Train your child in a day" approach. I've had friends with lots of success with that. I'll probably wait until closer to Christmas, or after we move.

No comments: