Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010 Recap

January- I started another semester of school the beginning of January, and therefore started juggling life again. The weather was cold and was frustrating me because Miles wasn't walking yet, and there are only so many places you can go with an 11 month old that only wants to crawl, plus January is Blah and Cold. I was still working at Caribou and despising juggling yet another thing, not liking the early mornings either!

February- Birthday month! Miles turned 1 on February 13th. He's a sweet little thing. Mike went winter camping, which sounds something like "torture." I got new Nike Shox for Valentine's Day and started running...once a week...but still. We started Financial Peace University, and started a new way of thinking!

March- I kept on running...still just once a week, but hey at least it was something. It's hard to be motivated to get out and run in the cold. I was also absolutely swamped with school this month. This trimester was finishing on March 31, so busy, busy, busy.

April- brought a little more breathing room since I was only taking one class. I started looking for daycare, except not really looking, since I didn't have a job. Lacey started fighting night time and I secretly knew it was because she was sleeping in late and then napping in the afternoon, but I didn't want to wake her (me) up earlier, or cut out her nap time. I started running 2 times a week and was still very out of shape.

May- my mom took the kids for a week!!! Hallelujah. I love having a break. But I love them too and miss them like crazy. I stared running 3 times a week. Weather is warmer in May and that makes me a HAPPY CAMPER!

June- Miles hit the age Lacey was when I had him, which is still completely insane to think about having them that close. I finished up school for the summer and was looking forward to a glorious 2 months off. I found out daycare was more expensive than I thought.

July- I turned 27 on the 4th of July and was happy I am still a few years from 30. I started networking and making connections with accountants all over the city. Mike and I took Lacey camping for the first time and she did great, but there were a lot of mosquitos and we came home all dirty and bitten up. We decided to sell our nice car and try to pay off Mike's student loans.

August- Mike turned 29, Miles was 1.5, and we also celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary. I started gearing up for my last, and most difficult semester. Somehow Lacey quit napping and this freaked me out (study time??). It was really hot outside, Mike re-did our sidewalk, and we paid off his student loans!! This made about $18,000 in 6 months. Ah.maz.ing.

September-Back and school. Looking for a job. Busy. Happy it is fall.

October- Lacey turned THREE. Big girl! I was so busy with school I thought I was going to lose my mind, maybe I did, I can't remember. Had SIX interviews and am exhausted thinking about preparing for them. Received multiple offers (!!), and accepted an internship with a firm to begin in January.

November- Just said "no," to sweets that is. Began looking for, and found a daycare for the kids. It snowed a lot (cry), and we had a very boring, sad, and uneventful Thanksgiving because Mike had to work all day Black Friday so we had to stay here. I locked my keys in the car at 7:00 a.m. on Black Friday and had to pay $144 to get my doors unlocked. I went to Fargo with the kids for 3 days and had fun. I could see the light at the end of the school tunnel.

December- Finished school on the 6th and graduated on the 16th. Dealt with more snow, and am depressed at the thought of it being here for 4 more months. Looking forward to beginning work, but also scared of the busy changes heading my way. Mike has been asked to be in the photo shoot for the Fargo Marathon ad campaign and I am excited to tag along to watch. Very Excited for Christmas!!! Really looking forward to 2011!! Overall, 2010 has been a great year, but 2011 already looks promising and full of changes!

No comments: