Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3 years 11 months

to. the. day.

On January 6, 2007 I walked into St. Kate's and began working on my accounting major.

I was newly married, I was not pregnant, I was focused. On me. The goal was graduate in December of 2008 with an accounting degree, and get an accounting job.

Who would have thought that 2 kids, 7 moves, and 2 additional years past the goal it was actually going to happen? Me? Nope.

But last night I walked into my math class and I placed my final on the desk, and I left. I was done. I was free. I had done it.

I am not sure what was more fulfilling. Actually being done, or having finished something I said I was going to do. I will admit that when we moved to Seattle, although I still wanted to be in school, I didn't think it was possible, especially when baby #2 came along. But oh my, I really wanted to finish. I wanted to do it for me. I didn't want it to be 10 years later and I was singing my 'shoulda, coulda, woulda's" I needed to finish it for myself. This is what I wanted to do with my life. This.Was.IT.

So many people are still looking for that "purpose" how could I know what it was and not do it?

So, I dived in.

Easy? No. I must admit these last three months, especially, have been a blur. I nearly lost my mind the entire month of October, but some how kept a small slice of sanity, at least enough to plow through.

And now, I am here. I am done, I have a job, and I really believe that this is a pivotal turning point in our lives. So now we are jumping off and diving into new challenges, and I couldn't be more thrilled, and feel so blessed!