Wednesday, December 1, 2010

the mistake that cost me $144



Well, it seems as though the cold has arrived, which is fitting seeing as though it is December. Along with the cold is my deep seeded desire to move. It happens every.single.year. Something along the tune of "get me out of this place!!!" However, I can't fathom moving to Arizona (summers are way too hot), or Florida (hello? humid...ick), or even California (too many people).

I need to move to Nashville, or back to Seattle (yes, I really just said that). We had NO complaints about Seattle's weather. But rest assured, we are not going anywhere. Young kids + close(ish) family = essential.

The Frozen Tundra we will stay.

With the cold comes the need to warm up your car. Because if you don't, you may cry from the cold. Actually, I was taking the kids up to my parents after Thanksgiving (Black Friday + weekend = Husband working 549,355 hours). I didn't want to have them in a coat, just to get hot so I warmed up the car.

I woke up early. Loaded up everything into the car, EXCEPT my cell phone, and I started it up. Now, we live in an URBAN neighborhood. Urban = do not leave your car running with the doors unlocked or someone will steal it. Really. We live in, what I consider, a safe neighborhood, but neighbors have had their cars stolen, so that means it could happen.

I took off the key f.o.b., started the car and locked it. Ran inside, did a few things, got the kids out the door. Pushed the "Unlock" button on the key f.o.b. and...

NOTHING....again....NOTHING....nothing.

Oh, my word. It is 6:45 a.m. on a Holiday weekend and I locked my keys in the car. Happy is not a word I would use to describe my state.



Thankfully I had my cell phone. I was thisclose, to leaving it in the car so that I wouldn't forget it on the counter. Ha! Well, I had it and was googling 24/7 locksmiths, got someone out to our house by 8:00, and $144 and 30 minutes later we were on the road.

No comments: