Sunday, December 12, 2010

so excited I could scream


okay I did scream a little.

I went into my Tax final with an 89.5% in the class. No pressure right? The cutoff for an A is a 90% (and no, they do not round up). I LOVE tax. It was by far my favorite accounting class. However, tax is tough because it is soooo rule oriented. There are a million rules and a million exceptions to the rules (I guess that is accounting in general). It's like learning a new language.

My tax final was 18 pages. EIGHTEEN PAGES. It took me 3 hours. I had never seen so many MACRS depreciation problems. Pages and pages. It was rough. I didn't know if I was even capable of driving when I left. The only thought running through my mind was "Death by Tax final."

Well, I got my grade for the final today and I got a 94%!!!! I was so pumped.

The best thing is that is pushed me above that 90% threshold and gave me an A in the class!*

*I did not get an A+ like this picture denotes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great!!! I know EXACTLY that type of relief (and pride) :)
Good...no, GREAT job!

snh said...

Good for you, girl! Way to finish strong :)