Lacey has been running a fever going on 3 days now. Monday morning it was 99.3, I figured it was teething since it wasn't too high. Monday night it was 99.6.
Tuesday morning we woke up to a fever of 101.2, gave her some Motrin and started to wonder if it was something else. I read online that often fevers and teething go hand in hand but unless it was over 102.0 it probably wasn't an ear infection. Last night before bed it was only 99.7 and she hadn't had Motrin in 12 hours.
Today she woke up screaming around 5:00. Mike was already gone to work so I figured I would just bring her in to our bed and let her sleep there. She screamed and screamed and screamed. Poor thing. She was HOT. I fed her a bottle, which helped and then went to change her diaper. I took her temp and it was 103.3 so I knew in a couple of hours we would be visiting the doctor.
She drank some more formula and then she fell asleep next to me in my bed. It was probably about 6:30 at the time and she slept until around 9:00. I called the doctor right away when we woke up and they could get us in at 9:30. This is the major benefit of living 3 blocks from the doctors office. Her ears are fine, but teething does not cause fevers of 103 so we have 2 possible diagnosis.
I am just pushing fluids since she has zero interest in anything else.
If the fever doesn't break by Friday we have to bring her in and get a cath on her...something I really hope to avoid. The ped said not to chance it and to be overly cautious...as in if you think it is starting to come down, still call and come in. So now we just wait. I just want my normal baby back!
*I must say at least she is still sleeping and napping pretty well.