Monday, September 1, 2008

Success

Lots of things are happening around here.

First, Lacey slept without her sack on last night. It took her a while to fall asleep but she didn't fuss too much.

Secondly, I probably chose the worst time to take it away because she is also cutting her very first teeth! They are so close to coming through, but that means fussiness and whimpering and fevers. Poor baby.

Here is a rundown of last night.

8:15 We put her in her crib. No pekemoe sack on. She fussed for a bit, but nothing out of her normal "routine." She was asleep by 8:30.

2:00 a.m. I wake up to go to the bathroom. Realize that the house is FREEZING. I figure Lacey is also freezing so I go to cover her up but she is squirming in her crib so I don't want to disturb her. I go to bed but can't sleep because she is probably cold. I venture in there and cover her up, she doesn't see or hear me. We are safe.

2:35 a.m. I can't fall asleep but don't feel good. Get up, close all the doors and went to the bathroom and threw up. Blech! Not fun.

3:00 a.m. Lacey wakes up crying. I go into her room and rub her back. She falls right back asleep. Amazing. I go to bed she wakes up crying.

3:05 a.m. Realize she is HOT and sweaty. Move her to the center of the crib. Roll her onto her stomach and pat her back until she falls asleep...takes about 10 minutes. Remind myself to scratch that method of putting her back to sleep off my list because you know it only works once.

4:45 a.m. Hear her crying, sort of. She will cry, then stop, then cry etc. I don't do anything because I literally couldn't piece together what was going on. It was weird but I guess I was tired. She stopped though and fell asleep shortly.

7:30 a.m. She was up and FUSSY and running a fever (this is her first fever she has ever had...it was 99.3 rectally), so I gave her some Motrin with breakfast. When I pulled up her shade she started screaming/crying. It was the weirdest thing. Now all she wants to do is sit on my lap. Poor baby. She screamed going down for her nap, but calmed down quickly. Thankfully she fell asleep because I am sure she is tired.

I hope this passes quickly.

No comments: