Thursday, August 26, 2010

Budget Buster

This fall I was hoping to hire a sitter for about 10 hours a week so I could go out by myself during the day and get some work done. Then I realized that I wouldn't be able to afford to pay someone for 10 hours a week, but I was definitely in need of someone for Saturday afternoons while I was in class.

This way Mike wouldn't be forced to work every Sunday.

So tonight I was doing our budget and there is no way that I'll be able to pay someone even 5-6 hours a week. Sitters are expensive, especially when you've got two kids.

So, I am slightly (very) grouchy right now. I realize this semester will be a lot of ball juggling, late nights and early mornings. It will 9 hours of Saturday class, Saturday night church, and long Sunday's with Mike working every one of them. It will be squeezing in study time, an hour here and an hour there.

Staying home is seriously a sacrifice because we feel the crunch a lot!

I was crabby, and was about to go over the budget with him to show him the numbers, when he informed me that he locked my keys in the garage, his keys were locked in my car (which still doesn't have a spare key since we just got it), and his car, which does have a spare key, was still at his work 15 miles away because I picked him up tonight.

The night keeps getting better!

3 comments:

Bri said...

being the "fixer" that I am, I have found a way to cut back in another area that may make room for babysitting.
http://www.instructables.com/id/2-Running-Shoes/

Jamie Willow said...

what about finding someone (or a couple someone's) to trade babysitting with?

I hope you find a creative solution!

Annie said...

trading is an option. the downside to that is that we need someone during naps, so we'd have to find a friend who had an extra space for miles.

We're thinking of taking the money from our christmas fund because we have plenty of time to reimburse it. We shall see!