Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day thus far...



Happy Mother's Day to all you new mamma's, seasoned mamma's, and soon to be mamma's.

A year ago today I remember being at church, I was around 17 weeks pregnant...I think. I just know that I didn't know if I was going to have a girl or a boy (but i was hoping beyond hope for a girl...). Anyway, I was at church and they were giving Dove chocolate to all the mom's and I remember thinking if I should take one or not. I mean I was 1/2 mom at that point. I WAS the housing unit for my child who was halfway ready to come out...well you don't call yourself married, when your engaged, so I didn't take the chocolate.

Fast forward to this mother's day...Its quite different.

Mike is working 6 am-4pm. I was up at 3:30 am because lacey decided she wanted to eat. Acutally, I don't even think she was hungry, but its the easiest way to get her to go back to sleep. Then I heard her talking at 6:30 a.m. While I was motivating myself to get out of bed [on MY day], I must have fallen back asleep. Then I woke up at 7:00 and thought CRAP. So i went and got Lacey.

Then I changed her poopy diaper.

Then I made muffins. Fed her breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, gave her a bottle, got her dressed, Put her down for a nap.

Then I took a L-O-N-G shower, and realized how tired I was. Conveniently, she woke up right then.

She is a lot of work, and this mother's day is much different than the thrill of being pregnant. But having her here next to me is about 385645895 times better. I love that little smiley, giggly thing. I can forsee being able to keep 2 kids in line, but do people REALLY do it with 3,4,5, or MORE???

Good for them, I will stop at 2. Thank you very much.

So I am guessing that Mike has some surprises in store, when he gets home. At least I am hoping so : )

Okay, she just puked on the carpet. Gotta Run!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: