Friday, August 15, 2008

Appointment Update

I had my 13 week appointment today. Lacey and I (yes, I had to bring her...) left here at 12:30 for our 1:20 appointment. It is truly amazing how long it takes to do things with a baby. Plus I needed to make a pit stop at Starbucks for some Berryblossom White Tea (because I knew that would settle my stomach).

1) I couldn't find my wallet. I had seen it in the stroller and then when I went to load the stroller in the car I couldn't find it. Lacey had been crawling around by the stroller. I figured she had taken it out. So I had to run back upstairs (dreaded thing about a condo) to look for it. Couldn't find it anywhere, but risking being late for my appointment and therefore risking Lacey falling asleep in the carseat on the way home, therefore destroying naptime. I had to go. I was depressed. No money= No Starbucks.

2) Then I remembered while I was driving that I had put the wallet in the top of the stroller (Thank-you STUPID pregnancy brain). Swung into Starbucks and we were good to go. Noticed as I was leaving their drive through is open 24 hours. Decided that if I am in labor in the middle of the night, I am going to stop there and get a caffinated latte on my way to the hospital. I kind of hope I go into the hospital around 2:00 a.m.

3) Got to my appointment, did the whole pee in a cup thing (oh the things you would like to forget). Went back and this weird nurse was checking my weight/BP etc. She was nice, but talked about her grandchildren non-stop. I weighed in at 96.6...haven't quite gained a pound. DARN IT. I had gained like 7 pounds with Lacey at this point. Whatever, it will come.

4) The weird nurse tries to listen to the baby's HB with the doppler. She can't find it, but she is talking about her grandkids the whole time. I just wanted her to shut up and concentrate. We heard the HB at 10 weeks with Lacey, so now at 13 weeks we should be able to find it right? She says the doctor will find it for me. She can barely find MY HB with the doppler.

5) Doctor comes in checks for HB. Can't find it either. Can't even hear the blood swooshing sound. At this point I am like, can we just get another machine or something? Because seriously. Nice, Kind, Doctor goes and gets the u/s machine. Hard to see anything since I had an empty bladder, but we saw the HB and the baby squirming around. If you have ever been pregnant, you know what a smile that will put on your face. She tells me that it doesn't matter if i take pre-natals or folic acid (since I don't). She said folic acid only is REALLY needed the first 3 weeks of pregnancy. Good I took it then. She talked to my about my weight. Basically just said that I can gain as much weight as I want and not to worry about it. Duh, I am not planning on dieting. And that was that. Pretty typical. Lacey did great.

1 comment:

NoahRedingEndtoEnd said...

Ahhh, I remember those visits. All the driving and waiting for a few drops of pee, and some mindless chatter. At least you got to see your baby.