Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 1; Round 1

Nap #1 with no sleep sack...

It went well today, and I am not super surprised. I have tried to wean her off this thing before, but never got passed the first nap, but at the very least she understands that she is supposed to sleep.

I did her laundry this morning, so I washed her favorite blanket. I had to give her a different one but I guess she didn't care.

It took her about 15 minutes to fall asleep, but the biggest thing was: She didn't stand up! She stayed laying down! I thought I would have to go in there at least once to lay her back down, but nope! I am sure it will be a shorter nap, but that's ok with me.

Last night: you know how lacey hates bedtime? Well, we tricked her last night. We gave her a bath, then fed her a bottle while watching the Olympics and then let her play for about 15 minutes. Then I took her in her room, read her a book and put her down just like I do for naps. She fussed (no crying!) for 10 minutes and then went to sleep and slept a GLORIOUS 11.5 hours. Now, I don't know if this will keep happening, but when mike and I didn't have to spend 2 hours alternating trying to calm her down, we felt like we were on vacation! We also put her to bed at 7:30, normally we start the bedtime routine at 8:00. Last night by 8 she was sound asleep. Mike and I didn't know what to do with ourselves so we drank tea and ate mint milano cookies. Then we went to bed at 8:45 (no joke), but when your baby doesn't sleep you become exhausted!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Way to go Mama! 11.5 hours is awesome! Colin slept from 6 pm to 7:30 am today, but he was up about 4 times in the process.