Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 3; Round 1

Even bigger failure than yesterday....

UGH. Maybe I should just forget this and one day, when I think I can take it, go cold turkey?

So today she was tired, I layed her in her crib. Checked on her once and she was just laying there, but not asleep. An hour after I put her down she was still talking in there so I went in to put her back down. She had pooped : ( I changed her diaper and did the whole naptime thing again. 30 minutes later she was still awake. By this time it was almost 11 a.m. That is when she usually wakes up. So I put on her sack and let her sleep for about 30 minutes.

It's not that frustrating because she doesn't cry when she is laying in her crib but the annoying thing is how I keep giving in. I don't know what to do because I need her to nap so I can salvage the day a bit. Plus I don't want to ruin the good nap routine we have going....hmmmm. I may need to read a bit more about sleep.

On another note: Bedtime was ANOTHER success last night!!! And, I am now the proud owner of a portable AC unit so you all can quit listening to me complain about how hot it is. It's warm again this week and Mike and I decided that we have this good bedtime thing going and we aren't going to ruin it by some days of hot weather. Let me just tell you IT IS FABULOUS!!! I don't know why we didn't just buy one earlier. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. It cools off our living/dining/kitchen area very well. Then we will move it to lacey's room about an hour before bed to cool her room off. Then I bring it back out and we are good to go. It is a bit heavy so I am a little worried about moving it myself tonight but I will probably grab a little cart from downstairs.

So lets hope she goes to bed perfectly tonight (mike is working) because I am going to buy some gummy bears and tea and sit in front of the Women's Gymnastics team finals sipping my hot tea in my air conditioned living room : )

1 comment:

Rose said...

I'm glad that bedtime is working out! I don't know what to tell you on naps, I'm glad I'm not being graded on this!